Tim Hortons’ Iced Capps – I dream of them all winter, and then I drink them up all summer. This addiction can be a little expensive, so I did some research (and experimentation), which led to the perfect recipe for homemade iced capps!Check out this fabulous, easy-to-make, inexpensive, Iced Capps knock-off recipe! Click To Tweet
I’m going to share this recipe here, with you, today.
Before you decide to make this delicious treat, make sure you have a fabulous blender that can handle a lot of ice cubes (I use my Magic Bullet, and it works wonderfully for this recipe)!
I found inspiration for this recipe on Babble. I decided to make my own version of this recipe. The changes I made are due to the fact that I do not have (nor do I like) instant coffee and I prefer the taste of brown sugar to white sugar.
- 5 oz. brewed coffee (strong and Tim Hortons' brand is naturally the best)
- 3 Tbsp dark brown sugar (3 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup for a drink free of refined sugar)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup cream (canned premium coconut milk for a dairy-free version)
- 12 ice cubes
- Mix hot coffee, brown sugar, and vanilla in a cup
- Stir mixture until sugar is dissolved
- Add cream and let mixture cool for 5 minutes
- Add mixture to blender
- Add ice cubes
- Blend for approximately 1 minute (if using a high-speed blender, pulse the mixture so you don't accidentally liquefy the ice)
- Pour into cups, add straws, and enjoy!
If you love Iced Capps as much as me, you can thank me later (or now if you prefer).
PSST – Are you looking for other great knock-off recipes? You might want to try the Cuban Lunch Chocolate Bar!