When I got the call from the doctor’s office, my anxiety spiked. They wanted me to come in to discuss my blood work.
Of course, the earliest I could get an appointment was the following afternoon.
I admit, my brain visited every possible and horrible health scenario. It was a long 24 hour wait.
The next day I met with the doctor. He expressed two concerns:
- I have high cholesterol
- I am borderline diabetic
Aren’t these illnesses for the elderly?
I was stunned.
I’m only 42 years old!
Fast forward two weeks and I’ve made some dramatic lifestyle changes.
- I’ve cut down to drinking alcohol only twice a week (I used to have a glass of wine daily).
- I exercise for at least 30 minutes per day. My workout of choice is still the Homeschool Mom Fitness Program. I do the fitness program in combination with cardio (walking or the recumbent bike).
- Consumption of red meat is limited to once a week.
- I’ve cut out sugar… again.
- I dramatically reduced my serving sizes.
- My cheese intake has also been reduced greatly *sob*.
- I swapped out all sodas (even ginger ale) for club soda.
Each of these little changes adds up to be a great impact. In fact, within 10 days I dropped 5 lbs.
I was shocked by this weight loss because I’ve been trying like crazy to lose the 10 lbs I’ve put on since my last pregnancy, but I’ve had no success. I’m already halfway to that goal and I couldn’t be more excited!
However, with these lifestyle changes there are some things I really miss.
From donuts, to chocolate, to sugary coffee drinks, I’ve felt a little bit deprived.
THE PERFECT SOLUTION TO CRAVINGS
However, when taking away something, we should always replace it with something better. I think I’ve done that with these 3 ingredient energy balls.
Yes, you read that right. It only takes three ingredients to make these delectable goodies and they are the perfect snack for when I’m craving something sweet. It’s like a cross between a PB & J sandwich and sugar cookies. They’re scrumptious!
Are you ready to be blown away by the delicious simplicity of this recipe?
So there you have it, 3 ingredient energy balls!
These little treats are healthy and delicious. They should be stored in the fridge for a week… although they won’t last that long… I’m sure of it!
PIN THE RECIPE