If you’re like me, Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn may initially sound a little odd to you. Then you taste it and you can never turn back… every Christmas will demand this decadent treat.Chocolate peppermint popcorn?! Trust me, it's delicious and a must-have Christmas treat! Click To Tweet
A few years ago, one of my coworkers brought this in as a goodie for the staff.
I looked at it with skepticism.
Peppermint on popcorn did not appeal to me, but out of courtesy I tried it and proceeded to consume the remainder of the bowl (I ate lots and had no guilt about my gluttony).
So then I asked her how she made it… her response, “a box of melted white chocolate, a box of candy canes and lots of popcorn”.
Several years later, I have perfected this chocolate peppermint popcorn recipe (measurements and all) and I am going to share it here with you today.
- 1 box (6 oz) of Baker's white chocolate
- 1 box (10) peppermint candy canes
- 16 cups popped white popcorn
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the plastic off of your 10 candy canes and place them in a plastic zippered kitchen bag.
- Seal the plastic zippered bag and place in another bag. Smash the candy canes with a hammer. If you think you've smashed them enough, smash them some more.
- Pop your popcorn and set aside in a large bowl.
- Melt 6 oz of white chocolate in a double boiler.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn. Gently mix to thoroughly cover the popcorn.
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes over the popcorn and mix well. (I like to sprinkle the crushed candy cane through a sieve so there's no large hunks of peppermint on the popcorn).
- Spread out on prepared cookie sheet and let cool.
That’s it! Simple, delicious, and highly addictive!
SHARE WITH OTHERS