My family (especially my little girl) loves this recipe. These easy-to-make vegan rosemary breadsticks are scrumptious!
You NEED this recipe in your life! These breadsticks are soft, melt in your mouth and are so buttery flavoured, you would never guess they’re vegan!
The original recipe for Soft Breadsticks is found at cooks.com but I’ve modified it to make it dairy-free for my daughter. Recently, she helped me bake a batch of these vegan rosemary breadsticks!
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 tsp organic cane sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped, fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/3 cups original (plain) rice or soy milk
- 6 Tbsp melted vegan margarine
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the first 7 (dry) ingredients.
- Gradually add rice/soy milk and stir to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface.
- Knead gently 3 to 4 times. Roll flat into a 20 x 5 x 1/2" rectangle.
- Cut into 16 - 24 breadsticks.
- Place melted butter in two 13 x 9" pans.
- Put breadsticks in butter and turn to coat well.
- Bake at 450 F for 14-15 minutes.
Modified from the original recipe: http://www.cooks.com/recipe/qf2h76qf/soft-breadsticks.html
I hope you enjoy these breadsticks as much as we enjoyed making them!
If you liked this recipe, I invite you to pin it!
TIME SAVING TIPS FOR MOMS!
Join us for a coffee break with our email updates! You'll get a booklet of 50+ Time Savers for Busy Moms, plus access to our exclusive Subscriber Library!