As I mentioned a while ago, one of my goals this year to have my family eating more “clean” and natural foods. The biggest challenge has been to have more variety for our snacks. So I researched and experimented and have finally come up with a fabulous clean eating granola bar recipe. This granola bar is chewy, delicious, and packed with flavour!
Voila! A healthy and delicious snack for the whole family!
2 1/2 cups traditional rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped raw almonds
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup flax seeds
1/4 cup raw sesame seeds
1/2 cup raw unpasteurized honey
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup unsweetened cranberries
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Mix oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, and sesame seeds in a large bowl
- Spread mixture onto the foil covered baking sheet
- Cook for 5 minutes. Stir mixture and repeat this process 3-4 more times (for a total cooking time of 20-25 minutes)
- Combine honey, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in a microwavable bowl
- Cook for 1 minute. Stir and cook for 1 more minute (you want the coconut oil to be completely melted)
- Combine cranberries, raisins, coconut, cinnamon, and sea salt in the large bowl
- When oat mixture is done cooking, mix it into the cranberry mixture
- Pour honey/maple syrup mixture and stir well until everything is completely covered/moistened
- Cover a baking sheet with wax paper
- Pour the mixture onto the wax paper
- Spread mixture with a spatula.
- Cover the cookie sheet with another piece of wax paper
- Using your hands or another cookie sheet of the same size, flatten the mixture into the pan
- Cool in the fridge for at least 3 hours
- Cut into 24 bars – I use a pizza wheel to cut mine. (After we cut ours we wrap them individually with wax paper)
- Store in a container in the fridge
TIME SAVING TIPS FOR MOMS!
Join us for a coffee break with our email updates! You'll get a booklet of 50+ Time Savers for Busy Moms, plus access to our exclusive Subscriber Library!