When it comes to social media, I bide my time and do what seems to work for me. I’ll plug along and I often see gradual, steady growth.
However, I recently implemented some changes on Pinterest and the results have been phenomenal! Today I want to share some of these changes with you.Check out how a few simple changes can reap amazing results on Pinterest! Click To Tweet
**This post contains affiliate links. If you click one of these links and make a purchase, I receive a commission and you get an amazing product. That’s what I call win-win! My complete disclosure policy can be found HERE.**
Before I begin, I need to share a few numbers because these reveal just how much my strategies have worked.
In less than 2 months, I have seen remarkable growth. My Pinterest account and blog are growing daily. I have no doubt that as long as I continue to apply these Pinterest strategies.
What’s the secret to these amazing results on Pinterest you ask? Before I share my ultimate secret with you I want to tell you about the one major error that I see time and time again on blogs.
The one major error people make when creating pinnable images.
When you create a post and make a pinnable image, I’m pretty certain you fill out the “alternative text” tag. If you’re not doing that, well… now you know you should! This field should be filled out in such a manner that will encourage people to click-through to your post.
However, did you know you should be filling out the image title field of the photo as well?
How do you do this?
* Right click the photo after you’ve inserted it into your post.
* A menu will appear above the photo.
* Click properties
* Fill out the title text and alt text fields with a pinnable image decription (make it slightly different from your “alt description” so that you don’t get penalized for keyword stuffing)
* Upload your photo
* Before inserting your photo, fill out the title and alt text fields (in advanced settings) with your complete and pinnable image description (make it slightly different from your “alt description” so that you don’t get penalized for keyword stuffing)
That’s not all!
Most of us would think that would be sufficient but it’s NOT! You have to do this for every single photo in your blog post (even your thumbnail image)! This ensures that no matter what your readers pin, they have captured the fantastic pin description that you have written for your post.
This tip is a big one but I have implemented many new and fabulous strategies to grow my blog.
Where did I learn these strategies, you ask?
Well… I took an e-course. I know, I know, it sounds silly to take a class about Pinterest but this class is the key to my Pinterest success.
I was very skeptical prior to starting the Pinning Perfect e-course. I thought I knew all I needed to know about Pinterest. I’ve read countless blog posts about growing your blog with Pinterest and I didn’t expect to learn anything new. Well, I was wrong, wrong, wrong.
This course was loaded with new ideas and strategies for me to implement.
Here are just a few of the things the course covers:
* How to make your Pinterest account appealing for people to follow.
* The new Pinterest Smart Feed (and how to leverage it).
* The two boards EVERY pinner should have.
* How to drive traffic from your pins, back to your blog.
These and all of the other course details are highlighted HERE.
The course included many very useful resource sheets including:
* A cheat sheet of the top 250 terms searched on Pinterest.
* A Pinterest editorial calendar (so you know what to pin… and when).
* A step-by-step Pinterest pinning strategy sheet (trust me… this system works)!
The course also included:
* 2 live group chats.
* Video tutorials.
* A private Facebook group with direct access to the course instructor.
* Access to a private, exclusive, Pinning Perfect group board.
* A Pinning Perfect alumni group on Facebook.
This course is a steal and is one of the BEST blog investments I’ve ever made. If you want to grow your blog and increase your exposure on Pinterest, then I highly recommend Pinning Perfect. The courses fill up quickly… so make sure to reserve your spot today!